Altus 907RE Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
The Altus 907, one of the most popular upgrades for the more learned flautist, is enhanced with a professional style .958 Britannia headjoint, an acutely accurate scale, and precisely tuned harmonics. Full of colourful overtones, this flute enables the developing flautist the opportunity to explore and develop their tone and musical expression.
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Founded by master flute maker Shuichi Tanaka, each Altus flute reflects his passion to produce the finest playing flutes available.
Altus models offer discerning flautists a choice of harmonically tuned and elegant sounding instruments capable of consistently executing technical passages with ease. The many possible combinations of options enable the player to exact a wide range of tone colours.
At the leading edge of contemporary flute making, Altus have developed and introduced density-sensitive materials to the flute market, including .958 Britannia. All Altus flutes come as standard with the accurate William Bennett (WIBB) scale, a responsive and durable mechanism, and a precisely hand-cut headjoint, customised for each flute. Altus flutes appeal to the player who has a classical approach to tone and wants a unique flute that is different from conventional offerings.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Hand-finished flute
- Hand-cut .958 'Britannia' headjoint
- Silver-plated body and mechanism
- Available with closed or open holes
- Offset G or inline G key
- Open G# system available by special order - please contact us
- Split E mechanism on offset models
- Available with C footjoint or B footjoint
- French-style Pointed key-arms
- William Bennett "WIBB" scale
- Includes leatherette-bound wood case and maintenance accessories
- Open hole models also include a set of rubber plugs