ABRSM: Saxophone Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 5Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Saxophone syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Saxophone Exam Pieces for Grades 1-5 contains nine pieces (score (E Flat and B Flat) and part) selected from the new Saxophone syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks for both E flat and B flat instruments to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Saxophone Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 5 Saxophone syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 80
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Tarantella: No. 41 from Vollständige Clarinett-Schule, Part 1, Op. 63 [Carl Baermann, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Danse: from La vie pour le Tsar [Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka, arr. Vladimir Ivanov]
- Saxsequential [Paul Harris]
- Celtic V: No. 5 from Celtic Collage [Keri Degg]
- Andante: first movement from Sonata for the Harp - with obbligato Flute [Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges, arr. Althea Talbot-Howard]
- All Because of You [Karen Street]
- The Ragtime Dance (A Stop-Time Two Step) [Scott Joplin, arr. David Blackwell]
- Through the Trees [Cassie Kinoshi]
- Festival Sax: No. 35 from Sixty for Sax [Alan Bullard]