Selmer (Paris) SA80 Series II 'Jubilee' Alto Saxophone, Gold Lacquered Finish
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
The Series II is an excellent alto with a warm, rich sound, making it great for all types of music, from classic to jazz to pop and rock.
"The Super Action 80 Series II alto is no doubt the world’s most popular professional alto saxophone. Its open sound, very rich in overtones, and excellent power of projection make it a particularly versatile instrument. In classic and jazz, its sound, power and wide dynamic range put it in the top rank, ideal in the Quartet as well as in larger groups or orchestras. The extremely well balanced mechanism offers great precision in playing."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Handmade saxophone
- Gold lacquered, silver-plated, matt or black lacquered finish
- Front F mechanism (spatula style)
- High F# key (spatula style)
- Adjustable plastic thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Detachable bell, hand engraved
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, one reed and lightweight case
Item DetailsManufacturer: Henri Selmer (Paris)
Category: Alto Saxophones