Selmer (Paris) Reference 36 Tenor Saxophone
Our price: £5,488 Free UK Shipping
- Purchase price: £5,488.00
- Deposit: £548.80
- Amount of credit: £4,939.20
- 12 monthly payments of: £422.36
- Total repayable: £5,617.08
- Duration of agreement: 12 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 4.9%
- Representative APR: 4.9%
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- "Reference 36" model
- Brass body, bow, bell and keywork
- Antiqued dark lacquer finish
- Front F (pearl key)
- High F# (pearl key)
- Adjustable multi-directional metal thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Leather pads with plastic booster
- Detachable bell, hand-engraved with special Reference 36 engraving
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, reeds and case
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
Based on the 1936 Balanced Action saxophone, but with all the advantages of modern saxophone manufacture: better intonation, ergonomic keywork, and with high F#! A large bore gives this sax a rich open sound.
"Reference is a new Selmer Paris concept, which allows for combining acoustic or ergonomic features of several previous Selmer Paris models with the qualities of a today’s design and making. The Reference series currently proposes two tenor saxophone versions: Reference 36 and Reference 54.
"Each model has a specific tone colour: the Reference 36 features a rich, open tone, in the tradition of the Balanced Action manufactured beginning in 1936. The more centred Reference 54 incorporates the famous Mark VI design, which came out in 1954."