Rovner Versa V-3RLII Bass Clarinet Ligature & Cap
Rovner ligatures incorporate an old idea for creating natural sound, softly holding the reed to the mouthpiece with no pressure points, just as if the reed were tied on with string. Because there are no pressure points or rigid constraints on the reed, the reed seats evenly to the facing of the mouthpiece, thereby reducing stiffness and increasing tonal clarity. These features contribute to the playing characteristics for which Rovner Ligatures are famous; even scales, accurate intonation and excellent control.
Rovner ligatures also greatly improve reed playability. Reeds which are totally unplayable on other ligatures will often perform well with the Rovner. The ability of the Rovner Ligature to extend reed life is unparallelled. More rigid ligatures actually hammer the cane fibres during vibration, eventually destroying the reed's tonal vibrancy. Not so with Rovner. Most players find their reeds will play until the tips finally succumb to fatigue and fall apart!
Every Rovner Ligature:
- Permits the reed to vibrate more freely than with conventional metal ligatures
- Improves tone, response and intonation of woodwind instruments
- Allows the reed to swell and shrink without distorting the reed body, reducing the likelihood of leakage at the facing
- Reduces peculiar modes of vibration that give rise to uneven scales, poor intonation, squeaks and raspiness
- If properly used, will provide greater playing ease, considerably extended reed life and fewer rejected reeds
- Is made of the finest materials obtainable
- Has a body made of neoprene-impregnated polyester fabric that will not stretch or rot and is chemically impervious;
- Is fitted with corrosion-resistant metal fittings
- Undergoes constant scrutiny for possible improvements
- Features double-textured ligature body with new T-process Polymer Impregnation
This ligature embodies much of the tonal "center" of a good metal ligature, but with the flexibility and freedom that are the hallmark of Rovner Ligatures. Simply put, no other ligature feels this good! Offers a great sense of playing confidence derived from the feeling of complete control and accurate, intensely focussed intonation. Great sonority reigns in the bottom two-thirds of the low register. Notes that normally buzz irritatingly achieve a new level of tonal purity and roundness. Register breaks, up or down, take place with nearly the same ease as movement to adjacent notes. Many reeds that wouldn't play are instantly turned into great performers. The depth of sound of this ligature reveals how all other ligatures are shallow-sounding.
Which Model to Select?
Find your mouthpiece below, and select the relevant ligature.
Baritone sax - Most ebonite mouthpieces V-3R
Baritone sax - Ebonite Otto Link, Meyer, Rico Royal mouthpieces V-2R
Baritone sax - Ebonite Runyon slimline mouthpieces V-1RL
Baritone sax - Most metal mouthpieces V-3MLT
Baritone sax - Metal Beechler mouthpiece V-1MT
Baritone sax - Metal Guy Hawkins, Meyer, Wolfe Tayne mouthpieces V-2MT
Item DetailsManufacturer: Rovner
Category: Baritone Saxophone Ligatures and Caps