Robert Bigio Grenadilla Flute Headjoint
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
"I have developed my headjoints over many years to produce a rich, dark sound that blends well with other instruments yet is capable of enough power for solo playing. Most of my headjoints are made of wood (usually African Blackwood, but occasionally other woods), although I do also make headjoints in silver, gold and platinum. I have made wooden headjoints with silver or gold inserts in the embouchure, as well as silver and gold headjoints with wooden lip- plates.
My thinned headjoints are made from one piece of wood, with the lip- plate carved by hand. I now make thinned wooden headjoints for alto flutes, and I continue to make wooden headjoints for piccolos"
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade headjoint
- Grenadilla-wood for a clear sound with excellent projection
- Thinned headjoint
- Zirconium stopper for enhanced response
- Optional .925 solid insert gives a metal blowing edge, resulting in articulation similar to a metal headjoint
- Optional fluted tube makes the headjoint lighter without losing its strength
- This headjoint can be fitted to most makes of flute. Please note that it may need to be adjusted to fit your instrument. There is no charge for this.
Item DetailsManufacturer: Robert Bigio
Category: Handmade Flute Headjoints