Pre-Owned Powell Silver Venti Flute Headjoint
Buy second hand with confidence
All our pre-owned, ex-demo and ex-display instruments are checked, set up or serviced in our workshop prior to sale*.
*Unless specifically stated otherwise.
- Purchase price: £1,350.00
- Deposit: £135.00
- Amount of credit: £1,215.00
- 12 monthly payments of: £111.56
- Total repayable: £1,473.69
- Duration of agreement: 12 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 19.9%
- Representative APR: 19.9%
UK residents only, age restrictions apply. Credit is provided subject to status. Credit is provided by external finance companies as determined by Just Flutes.
"Each headjoint is handmade at our Maynard, Massachusetts workshop by professionally trained flutists. We hold every one to an exacting tolerance and high musical standard. Our headjoints are played in a variety of musical genres, so we offer a number of style and material combinations to accommodate their varying demands. There is a combination to suit every musical requirement."
This is a solid silver headjoint with the Venti cut lip plate.
- Philharmonic: A more traditional cut, capable of broad dynamic ranges, and creating a deep rich tone with extraordinary carrying power and focus.
- Soloist: Open and free in the top octave, rich and deep in the middle and bottom octaves, with great projection and flexibility.
- Venti: Very colourful and rich headjoint designed in conjunction with Paul Edmund Davies. It is open, has a large dynamic range, and possesses an especially free high register.
This headjoint is in excellent; as new condition.
In 1916, Verne Powell joined the Wm. S. Haynes Company to make wooden flutes and piccolos. By 1926, Powell was the shop foreman at Haynes and was running much of the business. Later that year, he left Haynes to make his own flutes. In 1927, Verne Q. Powell Flutes, Inc. was incorporated at 265 Huntington Drive in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1961, Powell sold his company to four employees who ran the company until 1984 when two employees, Jim Phelan and Rob Viola, became the owners. In 1986 Steven Wasser bought the shares belonging to Mr. Viola and gained controlling ownership. Jim Phelan left the company in 1989 to pursue other interests, and Mr. Wasser became the full owner. Each Powell flute has a unique character, yet all bear a family resemblance. They are made with care to exacting tolerances. Ultimately, a Powell flute is crafted to a high musical performance standard.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
Item DetailsItem number: C123232 (Please quote this Item Number if you contact us about this item)
Model number: Silver Venti
Category: Pre-Owned Flute Headjoints
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, though, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.