Powell Grenadilla Flute Headjoint
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
- Philharmonic cut: A more traditional cut, capable of broad dynamic ranges, and creating a deep rich tone with extraordinary carrying power and focus.
- Soloist: Open and free in the top octave, rich and deep in the middle and bottom octaves, with great projection and flexibility.
In 1916, Verne Powell joined the Wm. S. Haynes Company to make wooden flutes and piccolos. By 1926, Powell was the shop foreman at Haynes and was running much of the business. Later that year, he left Haynes to make his own flutes. In 1927, Verne Q. Powell Flutes, Inc. was incorporated at 265 Huntington Drive in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1961, Powell sold his company to four employees who ran the company until 1984 when two employees, Jim Phelan and Rob Viola, became the owners. In 1986 Steven Wasser bought the shares belonging to Mr. Viola and gained controlling ownership. Jim Phelan left the company in 1989 to pursue other interests, and Mr. Wasser became the full owner. Each Powell flute has a unique character, yet all bear a family resemblance. They are made with care to exacting tolerances. Ultimately, a Powell flute is crafted to a high musical performance standard.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade headjoint
- Grenadilla-wood throughout for a clear sound with good projection
- Thinned headjoint
- .925 solid rings
- Choice of cuts - Philharmonic or Soloist
- This headjoint can be fitted to most makes of flute. Please note that it may need to be adjusted to fit your instrument. There is no charge for this.
Item DetailsManufacturer: Powell
Category: Handmade Flute Headjoints
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.