Lillian Burkart Elite Custom Grenadilla Piccolo
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
- Purchase price: £7,450.00
- Deposit: £745.00
- Amount of credit: £6,705.00
- 6 monthly payments of: £1,117.50
- Total repayable: £7,450.01
- Duration of agreement: 6 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 0.0%
- Representative APR: 0.0%
UK residents only, age restrictions apply. Credit is provided subject to status. Credit is provided by external finance companies as determined by Just Flutes.
Lillian Burkart is widely considered to be one of the world's finest piccolo makers. The Burkart custom handmade piccolo has a full, round sound - almost an extension of the flute - with stable tuning (see below) and a wide range of dynamic and tonal possibilities. The piccolo is comfortable to play, especially with the modified wave headjoint. We endeavour to keep a range of Burkart headjoints in stock to give you a good selection.
The new Burkart scale
Burkart Piccolos have introduced a new scale on all custom piccolos, resulting in their most accurate intonation ever:
- Low D is no longer flat
- Middle D and middle G is no longer sharp
- Intonation among B, C# and D above the staff is more accurat
Burkart (standard) - The rectangular shape of this embouchure is slightly overcut at the sides of the embouchour hole for an open, "flute-like" sound that blends well in ensembles. Our most flexible headjoint style, you can push it to the extremes of fortissimo high notes without it being shrill, and it can produce a colourful, sustained diminuendo.
Wave - The headjoint profile is carved with a slightly higher front wall (the blowing edge) and lower back wall against which the chin rests. It produces a very rich, clean, projecting tone, with easy control of dynamics. The low register is very focused, enabling good projection and articulation.
Clarion - This relatively small embouchure hole, with modest rounding of the edges, is reminiscent of early French and German piccolos. The tone it produces is very focused and sweet. For players using a small aperture when playing, it will have the most stable, clear tone of the various headjoint styles.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade piccolo
- Hand-selected vintage grenadilla-wood headjoint and body
- .925 solid mechanism and rings
- Split E mechanism
- Thick wall fully handmade Lillian Burkart headjoint
- Choice of modified wave or Burkart (standard) embouchure
- Available with open G# system by special order: price on request.
- Gold springs
- High G# facilitator
- Undercut tone holes
- Burkart scale
- Straubinger pads, with cork-padded G# and trill keys
- Includes leather-bound case, deluxe leather case cover and maintenance accessories
Item DetailsManufacturer: Burkart
Model number: Custom
Category: Professional Piccolos
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, though, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.