Lillian Burkart Elite "5-95" Handmade Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Open holes, Offset G, E ring, C# trill, B footjoint.
Other specifications are available to order on request. Please contact us.
Just Flutes Description
The Lillian Burkart 5-95 flute is made from a unique alloy of 5% pure platinum and 95% pure silver, with a wall thickness of 0.016". The flute has some of the tonal properties of platinum, but with considerably less weight. A strong, focussed sound with a dark colour, rich in lower harmonics. This flute is very different to Sterling silver flutes.
• The C4 Derived from a classic cut, the C4 headjoint (previously known as the Acton style) produces a warm, round, full-bodied sound. It is noted for its fluidity and flexibility in slurring wide intervals. The player will enjoy homogeneity in all three octaves, and even into the fourth register. The stability and ease of play allow for nuance within a wide range of colours and dynamics.
• The M2 This unique cut is Lillian Burkart's most innovative. The air stream is quickly excited and the player achieves exceptional response and projection. The embouchure shape focuses the tone, resulting in a clear, clean, and very directed flute sound. All three octaves have a ringing resonance and a dark core. The M2 model provides an unprecedented dynamic range and powerful low register.
Burkart Flutes was founded in 1982 by Lillian Burkart and James Phelan while they were both employees of the Verne Q. Powell company. They have grown, yet continued to be a small company with a focus on stability, quality and performance. The Burkart name is trusted worldwide for these traits. They are proud to combine 21st century technology with 2.5 decades of expertise and superior customer service. It is this synergy that allows them to produce first-rate flutes and piccolos to meet 21st century requirements. Today, flutes and piccolos produced by Burkart are played by students, teachers, amateurs, and professionals in over 35 countries.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade Lillian Burkart 5-95 Platinum Enhanced Silver headjoint with 5-95 riser (Optional Pt riser)
- Fully handmade 5-95 Platinum Enhanced Silver body
- Fully handmade .925 solid mechanism
- Soldered tone holes
- French-style 'pointed' key-arms
- Straubinger pads
- Open holes
- E ring
- B-C# trill
- B footjoint with gizmo key
- Includes leather-bound wood case, leather case cover and maintenance materials
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.