JodyJazz HR* Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece
The HR* is a hard rubber saxophone mouthpiece aimed at professionals and students looking for a traditional versatile mouthpiece. High quality control standards, a beautiful warm sound and a nice free blowing feel make these new mouthpieces amazing players. We feel that this mouthpiece may be the best hard rubber Baritone saxophone mouthpiece on the market.
Warmth & Beauty
The Hard Rubber is from a source in Germany and has the look, feel and sound of vintage hard rubber sax mouthpieces that make some of the most sought after mouthpieces. The mouthpieces are faced on a special facing machine and then meticulously hand finished and play tested. The HR* Baritone Sax mouthpiece is manufactured from solid bar stock of hard rubber on a 5 axis CNC Mill and then meticulously hand finished and play tested.
Three Goals in Creating the HR* Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
- To offer the most traditional style of jazz saxophone mouthpiece: round chamber - hard rubber, and demand and obtain the most rigorous quality control possible.
- To create a free blowing hard rubber mouthpiece that allows the lowest and highest notes to speak with equal ease.
- To make a hard rubber sax mouthpiece that can sound beautiful, but also give good strong projection when necessary.
What Does The HR* Do?
- Beautiful Warm Tone
- Free Blowing
- Reed Friendly
- Blends Well
- Power and Projection
- Traditional to Modern Sound
How Does The HR* Do It?
- Genuine Hard Rubber Formula
- Round Medium Chamber
- Even Rails & Tip
- CNC Machined
- Unparalleled Quality Control
- Hand Finished Baffle, Tip Rail and Table
- Play tested by Jody Espina
Facings in 1/1000"
- 5 = .090
- 6 = .100
- 7 = .110
- 8 = .120
- 9 = .130
Special Notes on The HR* Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece
Expect the JodyJazz HR* Baritone sax mouthpiece to play just slightly brighter than traditional Otto Links and Meyers. This is due to the slightly smaller chamber. Many different sounds are possible on the JodyJazz HR* hard rubber Baritone mouthpieces.
For example: For Classical playing try #5 model with a relatively hard reed.
For a sound similar to Gerry Mulligan use a HR* 6 or 7 with a medium strength reed. Play softly and you will hear that beautiful sound with a hint of air in it.
For a sound more like Ronnie Cuber try a 7, 8 or 9 with a brighter reed, like a good synthetic or a Rico Plasticover, to get that nice intensity to the sound. (These are just the broadest suggestions. The real answer about sound is for you to experiment and find out what works for you.)
- Hard rubber baritone sax mouthpiece
- Includes Rovner Star-series ligature and cap
Item DetailsManufacturer: JodyJazz
Category: Baritone Saxophone Mouthpieces