Ian McLauchlan "Butterfly" 14k Rose Flute Headjoint
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
If you are looking for the most exquisite flute headjoint, you have just found it.
Tastefully designed, engraved and set, this piece is as much an item of jewellery as it is a musical instrument.
The diamonds in the butterfly wings have been set in such a position that this head is comfortable to play and is much less liable to slip mid-performance. And, as you would expect from an Ian McLauchlan headjoint, this piece sings beautifully with a rich, vibrant sound.
About Ian McLauchlan
Ian started making headjoints and repairing flutes in the 1980s and since the has established himself as one of the leading flute technicians in the United Kingdom, maintaining instruments belonging to many professional players. Ian's headjoints are undoubtedly one of the best available, combining response advantages of modern development with the tonal range of the earlier French traditions. Ian is a freelance flute player, taught by Trevor Wye and Kate Hill.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade headjoint
- 14k rose throughout, including cork assembly
- Lip-plate hand-engraved with Butterfly design
- Butterfly wings, lip-plate and crown are set with 179 diamonds and single sapphire
- Tube based on Bonneville taper
- Supplied in a hard case with presentation set including signed certificate
- This headjoint can be fitted to most makes of flute. Please note that it may need to be adjusted to fit your instrument. There is no charge for this.
Item DetailsManufacturer: Ian McLauchlan
Category: Handmade Flute Headjoints
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.