Esprit Français [Flute and Piano]
Arranged by Hywel Davies
- Interesting, worth a look
Music that is incontrovertibly 'French'. Immediately recognisable but at the same time impossible to define. This volume contains a selection of some of the best of this music.
Intended to intermediate-level players, these arrangements give performers an opportunity to get to know the essence of French style, at once delicate and invigorating, through the colours and perfumes of the music of Debussy, Poulenc, Saint-Saens, Milhaud and Offenbach.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Sauget Le Chemins des Forains (as sung by Edith Piaf)
- Fauré Libera Me (Requiem)
- Schmitt, F Le Cheval de Ferme-L'Oeil (Une semaine du petit elfe Ferme-l'Oeil)
- Saint-Saens Danse Macabre
- Ibert Parade (Divertissement)
- Milhaud Valse (Les Songes)
- Poulenc Bransle de Bourgogne (Suite francias d'apre Claude Gervaise)
- Debussy Ballet (Petite Suite)
- Poulenc Rustique (Villageoises)
- Ropartz Marine (Prelude, Marine and Chanson)
- Fauré Berceuse (Dolly Suite)
- Offenbach Barcoralle ((Tales of Hoffman)
Item DetailsCategory: Accompanied Classical Flute Albums
Publisher: Durand Editions Musicales
Publisher's reference: DF01598800
Our Stock Code: 1312690
Media Type: Paperback