Easy Concert Pieces Vol.2 [Alto Sax]
Edited by Ulrich Junk
From the Publisher
The Easy Concert Pieces series for alto saxophone and piano provide easy to intermediate pieces from the Renaissance to the modern era for music lessons, concert performances or private music-making. The volumes with accompanying CD add to the not very extensive repertoire of performance pieces for saxophone. They were carefully selected according to technical and musical requirements and are arranged in three volumes according to their level of difficulty.
All pieces are included on the accompanying CD as demo and play-along versions (piano accompaniment). The piano part contained in the volume is very easy so that it can even be played by a pupil, e.g. at a music school concert.
Volume 2 (ED 22554) contains intermediate pieces ranging from c' to e''', with unusual metres and demisemiquavers appearing occasionally. Including works by Wolkenstein, Peuerl, Schein, Purcell, Telemann, Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, Gounod, Humperdinck, Elgar, and others.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- O. v. Wolkenstein: Gelück und Hail / Good Luck and Blessings
- P. Peuerl: Suite in Eb: I. Intrada
- J. H. Schein: Allemande
- H. Purcell: Rondeau / Rondo
- G. P. Telemann: Largo
- G. F. Händel: La Réjouissance
- W. A. Mozart: Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja / The Bird Catcher's Song
- W. A. Mozart: Das klinget so herrlich / That sounds so wonderful
- L. v. Beethoven: Thema aus / Theme from: Violin Concerto op. 61
- C. Baermann: Romance / Romanze
- C. Dancla: Romance / Romanze
- C. Gounod: Ave Maria
- E. Humperdinck: Evening Prayer / Abendsegen
- E. Elgar: Andante from / aus 6 Very Easy Pieces op. 22
- E. Elgar: Trio (Land of Hope and Glory) op. 39/1
- H. Schroeder: Autumn Melody / Herbstweise
- F. Zehm: Bagatelle
- M. Seiber: Tango 1
- M. Seiber: Tango 2 (Habanera)
- R. Mohrs: Arietta
- Part 1: Alto Saxophone
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Schott Music
Publisher's reference: ED22554
Our Stock Code: 1418453
Media Type: Paperback (47 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD