Buffet-Crampon BC1239L-2-0 Festival A Clarinet
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
0% finance funded by the Arts Council. Age restrictions apply. Click here for details
- Purchase price: £3,782.00
- Deposit: £378.20
- Amount of credit: £3,403.80
- 18 × monthly payments of: £189.10
- Total repayable: £3,782.00
- Duration of agreement: 18 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 0.0%
- 0.0% APR Representative
UK residents only, age restrictions apply. Credit is provided subject to status. Credit is provided by external finance companies as determined by Just Flutes.
Buffet Professional Clarinet Models - Spot The Difference!
Buffet produce a large range of clarinets at the top level and it can get confusing what the differences are between them.
- The R13 is the most popular professional-level clarinet. Players tend to find that this produces a bright sound with good projection.
- The RC is basically the same as the R13, apart from the bore (the bottom joint is conical rather than polycylindrical). This gives the clarinet a different flavour with a darker sound.
- The Prestige models use the same bore style as the R13 or RC, but use higher-grade wood, which (a) gives better projection with more tone control, and (b) is less likely to crack. In addition. the bore is hand-burnished, giving greater precision. This is important, as the bore is vital to good tuning. These models have reinforced tenons for added strength and upgraded Gore-Tex pads.
- The Vintage has the same features as the Prestige models, with a wider bore design (in fact it uses the original R13 design from the 1950s - hence the "Vintage" name). The clarinet is responsive with a warm sound.
- The Festival is very similar to the R13 Prestige but is supplied with two barrels; the barrel length is slightly different and the tone holes are moved slightly, both for improved tuning.
- The Tosca is the top model; this has a unique bore design, modified ergonomic keywork and right hand low F correction key. It also has raised C# and G# tone holes to prevent water building up in these. Full, rich sound.
" A colourful sound for each talent! Three international renowned artists - Jacques Lancelot, Guy Deplus and Michel Arrignon - collaborated to produce the Festival clarinet. It meets the needs of today's musicians and teachers who are faced with the daunting task of interpreting a wide repertoire of works from Mozart to Boulez. Musicians will certainly appreciate its depth of sound, which is particularly warm. The tone and precision of this instrument are in perfect harmony. The Festival belongs to the R13 bore family and has a rich powerful fluid tone."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- BC1239L-2-0 "Festival" A clarinet
- Hand-selected premium unstained Grenadilla-wood body
- Power forged keywork, preplated in copper and finished in silver plate
- .925 solid bell ring
- Blue steel springs
- Stainless steel rods and pivot screws
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Undercut tone holes
- Hand-burnished poly-cylindrical bore
- Auxiliary E flat lever
- Tenon rings for increased strength
- Altered tone hole placement, with elongated barrel - improved tuning
- Supplied with two barrels
- Gore-Tex® pads
- Not supplied with a mouthpiece to allow the player to find their own perfect mouthpiece combination
- Includes Buffet 'Harmony' ligature and cap, one reed, cleaning accessories and leather-bound double clarinet case
- Also available as a Bb clarinet
Item DetailsManufacturer: Buffet-Crampon
Model number: BC1239L-2-0
Category: A Clarinets
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.