The Best of James Rae: Exploring Musical Styles [Alto Sax]
From the Publisher
Ragtime, Swing, Blues, Latin, Jazz Waltz, Ballad, Rock, Folk, Charleston & Showtime This bumper anthology of James Rae's best for alto saxophone is a great resource.
• Listen to James Rae's own performance of each piece before performing yourself with the enhanced accompaniment track
• An inspiring standby resource covering a range of technical levels from early years of tuition to middle grades
• Notes and style tips from James Rae
• Looking for more to play? Each piece is a pointer to more titles available in the same style
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Ragtime - The Roll-Over Rag, A Pocket-Size Rag
- Swing and the Walking Bass - Deal Me In!, Passin' Through, Full On
- The Blues - Yesterday's Blues, Back Shift
- Latin - Tradewinds, Matt's New Motor, Blue Cockatoo
- Jazz Waltz - Waltz for Emily, Situation Comedy, Groove It!
- Ballad - Low Tide, Song Without Words
- Rock - The Guv'nor, Bruno's Tune, Sax Un-Plugged
- Folk - His Father's Son, A Drop O' the Hard Stuff,
- Charleston and Showtime - Bottoms Up!, Curtain Up!
- Part 1: Alto Saxophone
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Universal Edition
Publisher's reference: UE21408
Our Stock Code: 1127584
Media Type: Paperback; includes accompaniment CD