Over the years, many examination pieces have captured the imagination of teachers and students, but the stars of past syllabuses are often forgotten. This collection brings together best-loved grade 1 Violin pieces, including Land of the Silver Birch, Dvorák’s Largo from the New World Symphony and Gershwin’s Oh, Lady, Be Good.
Containing fresh editions of folk and classical masterpieces alongside contemporary favourites, all pieces have been rigorously researched by violin expert Jessica O’Leary. A CD of performance and accompaniment tracks is included, as are useful practice tips. This book includes pieces from current and past Trinity and ABRSM syllabuses.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- From Old Vienna (Trad)
- Noel Nouvelet (Trad)
- Slovak Song (Trad)
- The Grey Dove (Komarovsky)
- What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor? (Trad)
- Rondeau (Purcell )
- Largo from the New World Symphony (Dvorak)
- Elenke (Trad)
- Waltz from 'The Merry Widow' (Lehar)
- Sharks (Huws Jones)
- Fanfare (Corrette)
- Fly High, Pterodactyl (Lumsden/Wedgwood)
- Land of the Silver Birch (Waterfield/Beach)
- Oh, Lady, Be Good! (Gershwin)
- March from 'Scipio' (Handel)
- Part 1: Violin
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Faber Music
Publisher's reference: 536913
Our Stock Code: 1331820
Media Type: Paperback - Score and parts; includes accompaniment CD