Altus 5307 14k Red Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Also available in gold from Altus:
- 5607: 14k red headjoint, body tube and mechanism. Drawn tone holes.
- 5407: 14k red headjoint and body tube, .925 solid mechanism. Soldered tone holes.
- 5707: 14k red headjoint, body tube and mechanism. Soldered tone holes.
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Founded by master flute maker Shuichi Tanaka, each Altus flute reflects his passion to produce the finest playing flutes available.
Altus models offer discerning flautists a choice of harmonically tuned and elegant sounding instruments capable of consistently executing technical passages with ease. The many possible combinations of options enable the player to exact a wide range of tone colours.
At the leading edge of contemporary flute making, Altus have developed and introduced density-sensitive materials to the flute market, including .958 Britannia. All Altus flutes come as standard with the accurate William Bennett (WIBB) scale, a responsive and durable mechanism, and a precisely hand-cut headjoint, customised for each flute. Altus flutes appeal to the player who has a classical approach to tone and wants a unique flute that is different from conventional offerings.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade 14k red headjoint and body
- Fully handmade .925 solid mechanism with 14k plating
- Drawn 14k red tone holes
- 14k red pillars and rings
- Available with open or closed holes
- Open G# system available by special order - please contact us
- Optional Split E mechanism
- Optional B-C# trill key
- C footjoint or B footjoint with optional D# roller
- Optional hand-engraved lip-plate and key cups
- French-style 'pointed' key-arms
- William Bennett "WIBB" scale
- SP-1 springs
- Leather-bound wood case
- Protective leather pouch
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- Inner cleaning gauze
- Perspex cleaning rod with clear and precise headjoint cork markings